There are several email systems at FAS that can be forwarded to each other or to outside email accounts for your convenience.
Please be aware that services, such as Hotmail or Yahoo!, sometimes treat email from Harvard as junk and will not deliver them to correctly. If this happens, you should contact your email support and ask them to add your sender to their whitelist. There is nothing that Harvard can do from the outside to force an email provider to accept our emails, but as a user of their system you should make them aware of the problem.
- Log into https://webmail.college.harvard.edu
- Click the “gear” icon for the Options menu at the top right of the screen then select “Mail Settings”.
- Click on the “Mail Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab under settings.
the option to “Add a forwarding address”
- Fill in the account you wish to forward to then chose the option to “Forward a copy…”.
- As an added precaution, FAS IT recommends that you select the drop down and "Keep Harvard College Mail’s copy in the Inbox".
down and click “Save Changes”
@FAS Accounts - UNIX and Exchange
FAS Exchange Account (fasmail.harvard.edu)
Please note: These accounts are held by FAS Faculty, Staff and GSAS Students who have been migrated to the FAS Exchange system.
In order to have forwarding setup for your Iris (Navisite Exchange) account you must fill out the form below and email it back to email@example.com.Mail Forwarding Form
The form as presented is in Excel format and must be returned to us in Excel format.
FAS UNIX Account (webmail.fas.harvard.edu)
Please note: These accounts are held by students through DCE, and some FAS Faculty and Staff who have not yet been migrated to FAS Exchange.
Complete the following steps to setup accounts to forward your FAS e-mail to. Once the accounts are set up, use the same Configure My Email dialog to enable or disable the forwarding utility, add or delete which accounts to forward mail to, and change the copy option.
- Go to the Accounts Tools section of the FAS website (http://www.fas-it.fas.harvard.edu/accounttools)
- Click on the "FAS Email" Link
- Click on the "Forward my Email" link
- In the Account Utilities Log On screen, in the FAS Username text box, enter your FAS Username
- In the E-mail Forwarding dialog, enable mail forwarding click to select Yes.
- In the 'New Forwarding Addresses' section, enter any e-mail address you would like to forward your FAS account e-mail to.
- In the Mail Forwarding Options section, click to select Yes to save a copy of the forwarded e-mails to your FAS account inbox or No to forward e-mail without creating a copy.
- Click Update E-Mail Forwarding to save changes and begin forwarding your e-mail.
Stop forwarding e-mail by logging in and under Enable forwarding e-mail, click to select No.
NEED SUPPORT? If you have difficulties or questions at any time during this process, please contact the HUIT Support Desk at 617-495-9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.